Pages

Tuesday 23 June 2020

Te Oro - Reflection

In the morning room 7 and room 9 were going on a trip to
Te Oro, first we did a roll call on who is here and who is
not then we all packed our lunches in different bags, we
all went inside the bus and the bus driver drove us all to
our destination.

Next we all hopped out of the bus and made a line, the
wahine had to go to the front of the boys, next the people
who worked at Te Oro introduced themselves, then we got
splitted up some went to carve some maori patterns, some
went to paint a rock and the others including me were learning
on how to weave a flax.

After that my group went and sat down on the mat where we
were going to weave some flax, first we all introduced ourselves
then we got splitted up, the girls with one teacher and the boys
with the other, what I have learnt from the experience is that
you have to prey before you start to weave the harakeke.

Then we got straight to weaving but since it was almost matariki
night we made starts, we all got 4 flax then we followed the
instructions that our instructor gave use, some struggled like me
but I kinda got it, then once we were done we cut a bit off from
the side and made it spiky so it looked like a star. Then our
instructor gave us some skinny harakeke to attach to our stars.

Lastly we all said thank you to all of the people who worked with
us and helped us in our groups, then we had our morning tea and
headed back to Glenbrae. It was a fun experiment at Te Oro. I
really liked weaving my own necklaces out of harakeke. It was a
fun experience and I wish I can go back to Te Oro again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.